Cardiff Triathletes was formed in 1984 by a small group of people interested in the, then, new sport of triathlon.
The objectives of the club are to encourage and promote the sport of triathlon in the Cardiff and the surrounding area.
The club is affiliated to the British Triathlon Federation via Welsh Triathlon and individual members are encouraged to join these organisations.
The Club offers the following Coached sessions each week
- Tuesday 19.30 to 20.30, and 20.30 to 21.30, Fairwater Leisure Centre (members can only swim in one session)
- Thursday 20.30 to 21.30, Cardiff International Pool
- Sunday 16.00 to 17.00, Cardiff International Pool
To participate in these sessions you must be able to swim 100m front crawl non-stop.
During the summer (May to September) group open water sessions are held in Porthcawl.
Other Swimming Clubs.
The Cardiff Masters Swim Club and 'CLAMS' have swim sessions most nights of the week at various pools around the city as follows:
- Monday - Cardiff International Sports Village, Cardiff Bay - 20.30-21.30.
- Wednesday - Cardiff International Sports Village, Cardiff Bay - 20.00-21.30.
- Friday - Muirton Road, Tremorfa, Cardiff CF24 2SJ - 19.30-20.30.
- Monday - Fairwater Leisure Centre - 20.00 to 21.00 - stamina swim.
- Friday - Eastern Leisure Centre - 20.00 to 21.00 - stamina swim.
- Saturday - Eastern Leisure Centre - 18.30 to 19.30 - stamina swim.
- Sunday - Fairwater Leisure Centre - 20.00 to 21.00 - stamina swim.
N.B. Saturday and Sunday are not offical CLAMS sessions but you can swim with company.
Results from the Member's League 400m time trial event.